|Date of Birth||14 December 1993|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Formula E Career|
|Entries||0 (0 Starts)|
Giovinazzi began his karting career at the age of seven, claiming titles in Italian karting championships and the WSK Series. In 2012, Giovinazzi stepped up to single-seaters, partaking in the 2012 Formula Pilota China Championship with Eurasia Motorsport. There he claimed eight victories and claimed the title.
The Formula 3 Years
In 2013, Giovinazzi and fellow Formula Pilota China racer Sean Galael were signed to race in both the British and European Formula 3 championships. In British Formula 3 Giovinazzi claimed two wins and finished runner-up in the championship behind Jordan King, whilst claiming thirty one points and 17th in the European championship.
The following year, Giovinazzi remained in the series but switched to the Jagonya Ayam with Carlin outfit. He claimed his maiden victory at the Red Bull Ring as well as an additional win at the Nurburgring to finish sixth in the championship.
Following his 2015 European Formula 3 campaign, Giovinazzi was given the opportunity to partake in the GP2 Series post-season test with Carlin. In 2016, Giovinazzi joined the GP2 grid with the new Prema Racing outfit. After a shaky start, Giovinazzi claimed five wins, including becoming the first GP2 driver to do the double since fellow countryman Davide Valesecchi, and finished runner-up to teammate Pierre Gasly.
In 2017, Giovinazzi was named as third driver with Scuderia Ferrari, as well as getting practice sessions with Haas and Sauber. In March, he was given his F1 debut with Sauber in place of the injured Pascal Wehrlein. He competed at two rounds finishing twelfth in Australia and retiring from the race in China.
Formula E History
- ↑ 'Antonio Giovinazzi: "Karting has played a crucial role in my career"', vroomkart.com, (VroomKart International, 11/01/2017), http://www.vroomkart.com/news/29312/antonio-giovinazzi-karting-has-played-a-crucial-role-in-my-career, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Double R signs Antonio Giovinazzi and Sean Gelael for British F3', autosport.com, (Autosport, 18/12/2012), https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/104862/double-r-signs-duo-for-british-f3, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'DOUBLE R CONFIRMS THREE CARS FOR FIA F3 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP', fiaf3europe.com, (FIA Formula 3 European Championship, 22/02/2013), https://www.fiaf3europe.com/2013/02/22/Double-R-confirms-three-cars-for-FIA-Formula-3-European-Championship/, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'A new season for Carlin Motorsport and Antonio Giovinazzi', motorsport.com, (Motorsport.com, 30/01/2014), https://www.motorsport.com/eurof3/news/a-new-season-for-carlin-motorsport-and-antonio-giovinazzi/, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Giovinazzi triumphs at Red Bull Ring', motorsport.com, (Motorsport.com, 03/08/2014), https://www.motorsport.com/eurof3/news/giovinazzi-triumphs-at-redbull-ring-454960/, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Giovinazzi wins second Nurburgring race after Verstappen retires', formulascout.com, (FormulaScout, 17/08/2014), http://www.formulascout.com/giovinazzi-wins-second-nurburgring-race-after-verstappen-retires/20553, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'ANTONIO GIOVINAZZI REMAINS LOYAL TO JAGONYA AYAM WITH CARLIN', fiaf3europe.com, (FIA Formula 3 European Championship, 22/01/2015), https://www.fiaf3europe.com/2015/01/22/Antonio-Giovinazzi-remains-loyal-to-Jagonya-Ayam-with-Carlin/, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Giovinazzi snatches Pau Grand Prix victory after Dennis slows', formulascout.com, (FormulaScout, 17/05/2015), http://www.formulascout.com/giovinazzi-snatches-pau-grand-prix-victory-after-dennis-slows/27794, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Antonio Giovinazzi to get taste of GP2 with Carlin', formulascout.com, (FormulaScout, 01/12/2015), http://www.formulascout.com/antonio-giovinazzi-to-get-taste-of-gp2-with-carlinf/32207, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Prema signs Giovinazzi for inaugural GP2 bid', crash.net, (Crash.net, 19/01/2016), https://www.crash.net/gp2/news/226158/1/prema-signs-giovinazzi-for-inaugural-gp2-bid, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Baku GP2: Prema's Antonio Giovinazzi completes double in crazy race', autosport.com, (Autosport, 19/06/2016), https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/124882/giovinazzi-completes-double-in-crazy-race, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Ferrari confirm Giovinazzi as 2017 reserve', formula1.com, (Formula 1, 19/12/2016), https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/12/ferrari-confirm-giovinazzi-as-2017-reserve.html, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Pascal Wehrlein replaced by Antonio Giovinazzi for Australian GP', espn.co.uk, (ESPN, 25/03/2017), http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18997047/unfit-pascal-wehrlein-replaced-formula-one-antonio-giovinazzi-australian-grand-prix, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Sauber 'very surprised' by Giovinazzi's F1 Australian GP performance', autosport.com, (Autosport, 29/03/2017), https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/128701/sauber-very-surprised-by-giovinazzi, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Antonio Giovinazzi keen to forget crash-filled Chinese GP weekend', autosport.com, (Autosport, 10/04/2017), https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/128898/giovinazzi-wants-to-cancel-china-weekend, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'Ferrari F1 junior Antonio Giovinazzi tops final Formula E test entries', autosport.com, (Autosport, 10/04/2017), https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/133745/giovinazzi-tops-final-fe-rookie-test-entries, (Accessed 17/07/2018)
- ↑ 'New York City Post-Event Notebook', e-racing365.com, (e-racing365, 16/07/2018), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/new-york-city-post-event-notebook/, (Accessed 17/07/2018)