|Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy|
|Official Name||FIA Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY|
|Announced||12 September 2017|
The Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy was first proposed after the arrival of Jaguar in the full FIA Formula E Championship, during the 2016/17 season. This ultimately led to a surprise announcement on the eve of the 2017/18 season at the Frankfurt Motor Show, with Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E Holdings, and Gerd Mäuser, head of Jaguar Racing, unveiling the new Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy car on the 12 September 2017. The unveiling served as the series launch for the eTrophy, with the FIA listed as the official sanctioning body in what became the first production based electric car racing Championship under their control.
The first official entries for the series were registered in December 2017, with American based Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing committing to the eTrophy before the first official running of the car. Indeed, the first tests of the Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy car were staged in early 2018, with a series of group tests of potential drivers held in the summer of the same year. Those tests steadily increased interest in the series, with around a dozen of the twenty available seats set to be filled ahead of the season opening round at the 2018 Ad Diriyah E-Prix.
RulesThe I-Pace eTrophy is set to be a one-make series, with all twenty I-Paces set to be prepared in identical fashion ahead of each race meeting. Teams will be permitted to make setup changes during the race weekend, but these a restricted to minor suspension setup tweaks and tyre pressures. Michelin will also be the eTrophy's only tyre supplier.
Each I-Pace eTrophy car will be prepared identically, all using the same 90kWh capacity lithium ion battery, capable of deploying 325 kW (c.435 bhp) of power.
Each eTrophy race weekend will feature a single practice session, followed by a single qualifying session, which will be staged either side of the practice sessions for Formula E. Each race, set to be staged after the FE qualifying session, is set to last for 25 minutes plus one lap, with the same point scoring system as used in FE expected to be used.
Images and Videos:
- Alexander Migl, 'File:Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy IMG 0841.jpg', commons.wikimedia.org, (WikiMedia: Commons, 13/09/2017), https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jaguar_I-Pace_eTrophy_IMG_0841.jpg, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 'Formula E and Jaguar to launch support series', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/09/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/september/formula-e-and-jaguar-to-launch-support-series/, (Accessed 12/09/2017)
- ↑ 'JAGUAR CHARGES UP I-PACE WITH ALL-ELECTRIC RACE SERIES', jaguar.com, (Jaguar Land Rover Limited, 12/09/2017), https://media.jaguar.com/en-gb/news/2017/09/jaguar-charges-i-pace-all-electric-race-series?q=&start=0&brand=jaguar#!, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- ↑ John Dagys, 'Rahal Letterman Lanigan Confirmed as First Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Team', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media LLC., 28/11/2017), https://e-racing365.com/i-pace-etrophy/rahal-letterman-lanigan-confirmed-as-first-jaguar-i-pace-etrophy-team/, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- ↑ 'First Track Run for Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Car', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media LLC., 19/05/2018), https://e-racing365.com/features/videos/first-track-run-for-jaguar-i-pace-etrophy-car/, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ John Dagys, 'Michelin Partners with Jaguar for I-PACE eTROPHY', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media LLC., 11/01/2018), https://e-racing365.com/i-pace-etrophy/michelin-partners-with-jaguar-for-i-pace-etrophy/, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 'Explore Electrification', jaguar.co.uk, (Jaguar Land Rover Limited, 2018), https://www.jaguar.co.uk/electrification/i-pace-e-trophy/the-car.html, (Accessed 07/12/2018)
|Formula E Race day|
|eVillage||Music||Motor Shows||Hospitality||Gala Dinner||After Party|
|FIA Formula E|
|FIA Formula E Championship • Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy • Extreme E Championship • Roborace|
|Other FIA Series|
|Formula One • FIA Formula 2 Championship • World Endurance Championship|
|Other Electric Series|
|E TCR • ERA Championship • FIM MotoE World Cup|