|Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team|
|Based|| Brixworth, Northamptonshire, UK|
|Début||2019 Ad Diriyah E-Prix I|
|Key People||Toto Wolff (CEO); Ian James (TP)|
|Driver(s)|| Stoffel Vandoorne|
Nyck de Vries
|Car||Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01|
|Entrant||Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team|
|Stoffel Vandoorne||Nyck de Vries|
|15th ( Pt(s))||19th ( Pt(s))|
|11th (0 Pt(s))|
Mercedes initially expressed interest in joining the FE Championship during the 2015/16 season, before officially announcing their plan to enter the series on 24 July 2017. Agreeing a deal with Formula E Holdings to join at the start of the 2019/20 season, Mercedes immediately announced that they would withdraw from the DTM to focus on FE. As such, they also organised a deal for long-term DTM partners HWA Racelab to kickstart their FE project, with HWA entering into the 2018/19 season with customer Venturi powertrains.
HWA hired Mercedes factory driver Gary Paffett to spearhead their maiden FE campaign, before recruiting Formula One refugee Stoffel Vandoorne to partner him for the 2018/19 season. After a difficult start to the season, which would be beset by technical issues and failures, Vandoorne would become one of the stars of the season, while Paffett struggled to score consistent points. Regardless, HWA and Mercedes regarded the programme as a success, with HWA forming the nucleus of the Mercedes FE Teams' day-to-day operations.
Formula E History
The Mercedes FE Team formally took over HWA Racelab's ABB FIA Formula E Championship entry at the end of the 2018/19 season, although would effectively remain the same entity. Serving as the factory entry for Mercedes-Benz, the Mercedes FE Team based its car development operations in Brixworth, UK, alongside Mercedes Grand Prix. The new HWA/Mercedes FE Team duly began developing their maiden powertrain in March 2019, hiring Gary Paffett and Stoffel Vandoorne to lead the development programme.
Further testing of the new car, named the Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01 would be undertaken by Edoardo Mortara, Esteban Gutiérrez and Nyck de Vries. The Mercedes FE Team also undertook evaluations of the test drivers in order to decide their driver line-up for the 2019/20 season, and duly picked Vandoorne and de Vries, whose deals were formally announced on the 11 September 2019. The duo were set to make the public debut for the team at the 2019 Valencia Test, prior to the opening round in Ad Diriyah.
Formula E Record
The tables below show Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team's full record in the FIA Formula E Championship.
Formula E Entries
The table below gives an overview of Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team's entries in Formula E:
|Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team's overall Formula E Record|
|Season||Official name||No.||Drivers||DC Pos.||DC Pts.||Car||TC Pos.||TC Pts.|
|2019/20||Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team||TBA||Stoffel Vandoorne||Mercedes-Benz EQ Silver Arrow 01|
|TBA||Nyck de Vries|
Listed below are the full career results of Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team:
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 'Mercedes EQ Formula E Team gear up for Formula E fight', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E 17/05/2018), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018/may/mercedes-eq-formula-e-team-gear-up-for-formula-e-fight/, (Accessed 17/05/2018)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 'Mercedes-Benz to enter Formula E in Season 6', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 24/07/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/july/mercedes-benz-to-enter-formula-e-in-season-6/, (Accessed 25/07/2017)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Merecedes-Benz EQ reveal the Silver Arrow 01, Vandroorne & de Vries complete line up', fiaformuale.com, (FIA Formula E, 11/09/2019), https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2019/september/mercedes-2019-200challenger-revealed, (Accessed 11/09/2019)
- ↑ 'HWA AG join the Formula E grid for Season 5', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 09/05/2018), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018/may/hwa-ag-join-the-formula-e-grid-for-season-5/, (Accessed 09/05/2018)
- ↑ 'Paffett to drive for HWA Racelab', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 08/10/2018), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018/october/paffett-to-drive-for-hwa-racelab/, (Accessed 08/10/2018)
- ↑ 'Stoffel Vandoorne completes HWA RACELAB’s driver line up', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 15/10/2018), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2018/october/stoffel-vandoorne-completes-hwa-racelab-s-driver-line-up/, (Accessed 15/10/2018)
- ↑ Thomas Maher, 'Mercedes release teaser Formula E car at Geneva Motor Show', formulaspy.com, (Formula Spy, 05/03/2019), https://formulaspy.com/formula-e/mercedes-release-teaser-formula-e-car-at-geneva-motor-show-59832, (Accessed 06/03/2019)
- ↑ Sam Smith, 'Mercedes-Benz EQ Completes First Test', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media, LLC., 03/04/2019), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/mercedes-benz-eq-completes-first-test/, (Accessed 12/09/2019)
- ↑ Sam Smith, 'Mercedes EQ to Test Esteban Gutierrez', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media, LLC., 30/07/2019), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/mercedes-eq-to-test-esteban-gutierrez/, (Accessed 12/09/2019)
- ↑ Sam Smith, 'De Vries Tests for Mercedes EQ', e-racing365.com, (John Dagys Media, LLC., 14/08/2019), https://e-racing365.com/formula-e/de-vries-tests-for-mercedes-eq/, (Accessed 12/09/2019)
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named